 Marketplace / Theory / 932
  Re: X.com... good idea, good execution?

(...) I don't really see what difference it makes if the deposits are treated as cash advances or purchases, unless you're only talking about using actual credit cards for that. I've used my visa check card twice now to make deposits to my X.com (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: X.com... good idea, good execution?

(...) The difference is that with most credit cards, when you get a cash advance (I have never done this, but the little lawyer in me actually reads those contracts that they send out with new cards.) the following happens with most cards: 1) The (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: X.com... good idea, good execution?

Oddly, I have witnessed a little side action on this 'cash advance' thing. At the local grocer (small town place), people can pay with credit, debit or whatever electronic else they take. When someone pays with a 'debit' card, the clerk usually asks (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)