 Marketplace / Theory / 892
  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

Susan, I don't want to start a brawl with you but I disagree with several of the points you're making. You're new here, so you may not know me and my stances, which I do not hesitate to articulate, and which I do so quite vigorously. Don't take this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

(...) I have no issues with you personally either Larry and this is a civilized discussion not a "brawl" or a flame war - I am somewhat toward the libertarian view myself (I'm not dogmatic about anything except how cool the Internet and Legos are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Susan Olson" <so0s@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:FpHB1t.BJ9@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) would (...) to be (...) new (...) I've said (...) Far be it from me to get in the middle of this one, law was about as far from my college major as you (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

William A. Swanberg wrote in message ... (...) thing: (...) If the DOD hadn't allowed the internet to expand beyond the government, it would have just delayed the internet for a while. By the time the internet started to be useful, Usenet was (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Susan Olson wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Certainly eBay owns the format and technology that makes the listings possible. Certainly the seller owns the text used to describe the item. But certainly eBay can not be forced to give away the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)