 Marketplace / Theory / 866
Re: When complete isn't quite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:27:21 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <388FDD3A.B1037332@pilot.msu.edu>...
Geeze.  No wonder the bid's low!  However, if the big blue IG flag is
there, it's almost worth it--I've been paying $4 apiece for those
flags.  The boat mast is also a welcome part.  I'm not sure it's worth
$9 all told, though.

Looks like it has the flag. It does also have the latticed window.

This post is complete, except for text...I wonder:  Could you put up an
auction for an item that has an "exception" for virtually every piece?
For example, a small and valuable set that is complete except for this
piece, that piece, and the other piece, to the point where only a
handful of basic bricks and plates remain?  If so, I wonder if anyone
would bid it up?

Yea probably. I think it would be a good way to get a negative feedback.
People wouldn't read the whole thing, and in their rush to snipe this great
set, would bid it up, and then come screaming when they received this little
packet of bricks. I think you would also be deserving of the negative
feedback since you really sort of misrepresented things (though the buyer
should also have read all the fine print). I think the auction above is
close since it is missing most of the special parts. It's also very
misrepresentative to title the auction "complete" if it is missing more than
one or two very minor parts, and even any missing parts would be a
misrepresentation.

You may have a point here--the bid is up to $11.50 with twh hours left.

best

Lindsay