 Marketplace / Theory / 823
    Goodbye Guarded Inn -- Hello LEGO DIRECT? —Richard Marchetti
   I was a frequent browser of the free auction site, Guarded Inn. Now its going away. Its sad that it didn't appeal to more sellers, and more particularly to people selling more varied and interesting things that I might have actually bid on -- (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Goodbye Guarded Inn -- Hello LEGO DIRECT? —Troy Cefaratti
   I think that we are missing some of the other differences between the two sites when all that is mentioned is the price the seller eventually gets. I started out using eBay, and when Mike introduced Guarded-Inn I was happy to have a free site to go (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Goodbye Guarded Inn -- Hello LEGO DIRECT? —Mike Stanley
   (...) Actually that's not quite accurate. There has been so much work and effort put into coding add-ons and such for EveryAuction that it's amazing. I've seen sites running EveryAuction that offer every conceivable feature you would want out of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Goodbye Guarded Inn -- Hello LEGO DIRECT? —Troy Cefaratti
   (...) working (...) OK, a limitation of the script as implemented on BRICKS? :) And even if your kung-fu is weak, it was still appreciated! Troy (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)