 Marketplace / Theory / 80
Re: To Sell or To Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 04:33:28 GMT

Janet Zorn (lighthouse@bonzai.net) wrote:
: How do people decide whether to auction stuff or post it for sale?

: The MISB Space Shuttles etc. I understand.

: But I am gathering a collection of parts from various themes that
: might be more desireable to others and might help me to fund another
: purchase or two. But there is not much of any obvious grouping. (eg,
: no 10 Scout troopers) And the stuff is probably not super valuable.

: Clearly I could just lump everything together, but bundling and
: tie-ins are not efficient for this type of thing for either buyer or
: seller so I'd be guaranteeing a low return.

: But would anyone be interested in buying or bidding on a couple of
: this and a few of that?

The trick to selling a few of this and a few of that is auctioning
in an arena where there is no per-lot fee.  Like Mike's web site
or my e-mail auction script.  I recently sold a pile of random spare
parts for a guy.  It was 950 lots, some selling for 10 - 25 cents,
a couple going up to $30.  Most in the $.50 - $1 range.

If your opening bids are low enough, the bricks will move.

-Bill