 Marketplace / Theory / 7
  Re: Does auction length matter?

(...) There's remarkably little written about auctions and auction theory. Auctions were basically considered a backwater area of economics (other than for people involved with securities) until the Internet came along. Now auction theory is an area (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Chris Ernest Hall wrote in message ... :In lugnet.market.theory, Todd Lehman writes: :>In lugnet.market.theory, fozboot@best.com (Chris Ernest Hall) writes: :>> [...] :>> I followed the threads about eBay's auction rules with great interest. My :>> (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Does auction length matter?

(...) It's bizarre that people would pay more for something like the Spaceport three- item valuepack than they could pay at eToys or at the local Target, Walmart or Toys r Us. It may be these people are just addicted to the excitement of winning (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)