 Marketplace / Theory / 536
Re: parts listing - prefered order?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:13:45 GMT

This is a thing I have been pondering too. I have two sets right now which I am
considering splitting for parts : a 8880 and a 4561.

8880
I've did this before with one of these, but I sold the MISP bags... rather than
sorting the parts. The problem with this is that Lego appears to almost randomly
distribute the parts in the bags. A couple of bidders complained about this to me.
So the next time I was planning to sort the parts as follows:
1. Wheels
2. Beams
3. Suspension
4. etc

4561
This is a junoirosed set. So as was planning to sort the set as follows:
1. Carriage
2. Controller (if there is a market for these?)
3. The engine
4. Etc
(I'll be keeping the track :-))

I think these sets illustrate how for each set, different solutions may be
required.

Any thoughts?

Scott A