 Marketplace / Theory / 529
    Re: Crossbow boat auction —Scott Arthur
   RE : Snipers. I ran an auction a 2 weeks or so ago where the winner placed his bid 6 seconds before the auction ended. The person he outbid was pretty upset about the whole thing. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Mike Stanley
   (...) I put my bid in last night for the 6103 at 1:45 to go. I figured that wasn't total last second sniping but it was also close enough to the end that I would be safe. Unfortunately, if you want something at eBay, even if you're prepared to pay a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Frank Filz
   (...) Not necessarily. These days I rarely get sniped. And I rarely snipe or put in near last minute bids myself. I do often raise my proxy maximum a few hours before the end of the auction when I decide, yes, I really do want that lot. You just (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)