 Marketplace / Theory / 502
  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

(...) this is REALLY SLEAZY. the "seller" seems to mostly deal in baseball cards, which i personally think is one of the less noble collecting hobbies out there. if beckett ever tries to do a lego price guide, i'm going down there to have a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  This is worse than price scalping!

Ok. This auction is for INFO on how to get the supercar for less than 125...but he's making them pay! (URL) is worse than selling them for ridiculous prices than the market will bear. Wonder who did it...anyone? Patricia Schempp (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

(...) I'd be suprised if this auction runs its course - it breaks so many of the rules that it's not funny! By-passing auction format, listing information rather than sale, etc, etc. Richard (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

I hope whoever buys it tells everyone else for free. He he... Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

The worst thing is that it is actually a Dutch auction! But he has limited himself to 100. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

Now we don't know exactly what source this seller is planning on telling people about. However - assuming it's something like DYA shopping, which we all know about... EBay rules forbid you from emailing buyers with info about where to buy something (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

(...) Ah heck, I'm gonna post DYA's URL in his feedback - maybe it'll do some good. What would the other possible sources be? BB? (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This is worse than price scalping!

Maybe someone should get an anonomous e-mail account and send them the dya information...maybe someone already did. :) (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)