 Marketplace / Theory / 463
Re: Dutch Auction Experiences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:18:38 GMT

   Thanks for the information.  I acquired some 8480 Space Shuttles from a
hobby shop going out of business for $112.53 each.  I wanted to try a Dutch
Auction, but I haven't seen if they were profitable or not.  I had an • overseas
buyer backout on purchasing 2 of them.
I realize that DYA just made them available, but I'm considering trying • it
anyway.

  Did you use any special eBay features to attract bidders? Or did the • picture
just say it all?

Nope. I think sets like these sell themselves.

  Do you thin that your experience is related to the popularity of the
set?
Yes. Also I was looking for a buyer who'd buy more that 1

Or the attractive price point for the model?

The price is set by the buyer