 Marketplace / Theory / 458
457  |  459
Subject:
Dutch Auction Experiences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:29:08 GMT

After seeking advice here, I went ahead with my Dutch 8880 auction. It ended
last night. On the whole, I think it went quite well. They went for $115
each - I would have been happy with $90-$100.

The only thing I did not like about it was that bidders could see each
other's bids... this makes snipping very easy in my opinion. Additionally,
there did appear to be a slight lack of understanding on the part of
potential bidders.

My only question now is : Will I get 5 lots of feedback... or only one?

BTW : the auction had my highest ever hit count : 660... has anyone had
higher than this?

See the auction at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=182311527

and the bids at: