 Marketplace / Theory / 2730
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 17:22:20 GMT

"John Riley" <Rohnjiley@yahoo.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

And incidently, marketing Lego trains has never been a strong point of • TLG.
Even in the 80's, the only reason I discovered Lego trains is my parents • took me
to an independent toy/hobby store and they had 7720 on the shelf. • Otherwise, we
hadn't known about Lego trains, and I had been playing with Lego for 5 • years.
And good luck finding Lego at independent stores now.

[ ... snipped ... ]

While I don't disagree with what you have written, I will note that there is
some hope in this area.  There is a Model Train store[1] in Cary, NC which
started stocking most of the LEGO Train offering just before last Christmas.
What a pleasant surprise is was to be able to walk into a store and purchase
a set of points as an impulse purchase.  So it is possible for these
retailers to carry these products.  I don't believe it is widely known
though.  This retailer really likes the LEGO Train line because he doesn't
have to compete with TRU and Target, he has something they don't want to
carry.  I wish he were the norm as opposed to the exception though.

Mike

[1] Tom's Train Station in Cary, NC:  http://www.tomstrainstation.com