 Marketplace / Theory / 2606
  Re: New York Times on Walmart Pricing

(...) Snipped a lot of good info. Most of which I agree with. However I do NOT agree that there is no such thing as a loss leader. Case in point. I went to Best Buy on Black Friday. They were selling DVD players for 19 dollars after rebate. Many (...) (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: New York Times on Walmart Pricing

(...) I once (politely) complained to a Best Buy employee about their fondness for rebates. He agreed, and said that customers claim only about 40% of possible rebates. On one level that irks me, but in another sense I am glad to have that 60% (...) (21 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.market.theory)