 Marketplace / Theory / 2523
  Re: eBay oddity

(...) It merely is. That's eBay: they can't figure out that on a dutch auction (which is what I presume this is) that if you get completely outbid on all items on a per unit bid, you may wish to up your bid but bid on fewer units. Is it advantageous (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: eBay oddity

(...) Or (and I've only just figured this out) I could put in a bid for four items knowing that it's impossible to win more than two (based on the existing higher bids). Of course, I could get stuck if the high bidders withdraw... But to maintain my (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.theory)