 Marketplace / Theory / 2523
Re: eBay oddity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:04:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Richie Dulin writes:

Can anyone explain the advantage of this system to the seller or eBay?

(I'm not complaining, just interested.)

It merely is.  That's eBay: they can't figure out that on a dutch auction
(which is what I presume this is) that if you get completely outbid on all
items on a per unit bid, you may wish to up your bid but bid on fewer units.
Is it advantageous to the seller?  Of course not.  You could bid $201 for 3
units, or you could start a second account and bid anew.

Bruce