 Marketplace / Theory / 2358
Re: Discounts on Opened Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:05:24 GMT

At TRU once long ago, I found a 6155 Deep Sea Predator with a 4 inch tear in
the front of the box.  I asked the manager if they gave any discounts for
damaged sets, and he said only if it's the last set.  Luckily it was, and he
gave me a 50% discount.

As for Meijer, I'm only up in Indiana about once a year, and the only one
that I'm able to visit is just south of Indianapolis.  Haven't had any
experiences with discounted Lego there to date. :^)

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott E. Sanburn writes:
To All,

I had a rather disturbing experience at a Meijer in Goshen, Indiana today.
While I was prowling around seeing if there are any discounted LEGO Sets, I
happened to get to the LEGO aisle, and saw 2 8466's

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8466

on the bottom of the shelves. Both were open, one had tape on it to make it
look better and the other one was flipped over, and all the parts were
leaking out. I love the wheels on it, so I thought I would see about getting
a discount, since the wheels and hubs where there. I got the Toys person
over, and she called her manager, since she can't get more than 10% off.
After waiting about 10 minutes she finally gets him, and he said that they
can't do more than 10% off of those. I decided I was not interested, since I
can wait for the 20% off sale and get them elsewhere.

Now I have been an employyee of Meijer, and have had good relations with the
Toy area managers throughout various stores, but I cannot see how this
works. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences like this? My last
opened item disocunt was at a Meijer in Mishawaka and they gave me 30% for
an open UCS TIE.

Scott S.