 Marketplace / Theory / 2355
Re: Inventory Pricing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (and 1 other group), David Eaton wrote:
Flat Rate Based on BrickLink sale prices, Ebay prices, Lego.com (or
Lugnet in the absence of a Lego.com price) for items < 3 years old.

the three might vary greatly - and I guess ebay doesn't count as flat?
unless I'm missing something? But you can take into account all the
online places that have the set for sale...

Auction Rate Based on Past/Present BrickLink & Ebay final
auction prices.

nod - Jennifer and I actually built a system that did that, years ago...
you have to take a rolling window, since prices go up as the set gets
older. it's high maintenence though, since it's hard to tell what
auctions count.

Original Rate Probably based off of Lugnet set DB price

easy to do...

Going price/piece ration rate Tricky. Very tricky. Perhaps better to
take the theme's overall price/piece ratio, but as a price base, you'd
have to go off of one of the aforementioned price schemes (Hey, they
spell FAO! Does that mean they're too pricey?). Or just use a generic
(roughly $.10 USD) price/piece rate.

you can also get this data from ebay/bricklink - look for bulk
auctions, and figure the piece count/price from there. We collected
that data for a while, but seperated price/brick and price/pound, just
because it was easier.

I do agree it's a cool thing to have - make it so, Dave!

:)

Dan