 Marketplace / Theory / 2342
Re: Most Expensive Piece Ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:07:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alan Demlow writes:
I'd put my money (figuratively speaking) on the red 12V train motor, if
you're willing to count electric parts.  I think this has gone for up to
$100-ish, much more than the $40 or so the corresponding black motor is
worth.  Also, the large red 12V train wheelsets from set 7750 or service
pack 5071 have gone for about $40, I believe, or $20 per piece.

Alan (who would still like to get a red 12V motor)

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Michael Edwards writes:
The ones auctioned last night ended at $255 for the collection...

Does $18.21 sound the most expensive part? I am sure I have seen other Lego
part sell alot more on eBay or Bricklink

  I don't know, there are the yellow low-slope convex 3x3 corners
  (lot of 18) that sold for some wildly high price, and of course
  there's the famous 1593 that went for over $2200, but I'm not at
  all sure how many pieces that set was, so I can't say whether or
  not it worked out to more per piece.

  best

  LFB

Here's my candidates:

The whistle for the 2 old lego trains (early 70's) that reacted to sound, I have
seen it sold only 3 times in the past 3 years, and EACH time it went over $100
(I paid $108 for one about a year ago...).
Similarly, the unit that controls those trains (actually 2 pieces) goes also for
well over $150 (so $75/piece).
Red 12 V motors go between $40 and $120, so they are close.
The large wheelset for the 7750 is good too (there a 2 different service packs,
each containing 2 sets), if you lucky, you pay $15, up to $50 is no exception
though.

Paul