 General / 35879
Re: Most Expensive Piece Ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:36:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alan Demlow writes:
I'd put my money (figuratively speaking) on the red 12V train motor, if
you're willing to count electric parts.  I think this has gone for up to
$100-ish, much more than the $40 or so the corresponding black motor is
worth.  Also, the large red 12V train wheelsets from set 7750 or service
pack 5071 have gone for about $40, I believe, or $20 per piece.

Well, it's probably cheating, but I've seen Mindtorms RCXs go for AU$250+ even
though you can buy them from DACTA for AU$200. Go figure.

ROSCO