 Marketplace / Theory / 203
  Re: Honest Capitalism (Was Re: DYA -> eBay 8880 money-making scheme)

(...) I agree that it is a fair price for you. Maybe my last line should have read "..not providing a service to *all* Lego Fans." As that includes those that aren't able to afford winning an auction. (...) Entitled.. in a Capitalistic sense yes. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Honest Capitalism (Was Re: DYA -> eBay 8880 money-making scheme)

(...) I agree that the sets should go to those who want them the most. The only way for people to prove that they want it the most is to pay the most. Money calibrates ones desires in a quantitative way, at least when the people involved have the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Honest Capitalism (Was Re: DYA -> eBay 8880 money-making scheme)

(...) Right but same order of magnitude isn't the real world. Can you really claim that Larry wants that seventh Metroliner more than the ten year old who's saved up $160 but just can't manage $350? I suspect a normal ten year old saving up $160 has (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.theory)