 Marketplace / Theory / 2011
Re: Why do sellers do........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:48:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, William R. Ward writes:
"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> writes:
Ok, I was looking on EBAY for printed legos and I have come across a few
listings now and in the past of lots of printed parts were being offered ~
ok, so whats the big deal you ask?  Well why if you were selling a lot of
printed parts would you have some, or even most of the parts *upside down* I
see this more often than one would think, what are the sellers thinking?
When I see this there is never a list of what you are getting, just
something like 'see the pic' I guess kudos go out to the sellers who make
sure you can see all the printed parts in the pic, lol! So what are you
wondering why sellers do?

Probably because the more time you spend preparing an auction, the
less economical it becomes.  Scatter out the items to be sold, take
one or two snapshots with the digital camera, upload, and repeat for
all the auctions you're running.  If you spend a lot of time getting
it just so, you waste time, and time is money.

At least that's my guess...

   There's a more sinister variant reason: Because the seller
   intends to replace the .jpg on his or her server once you've
   won the lot, deliver what's in the new .jpg, and be immune
   from real complaint (as you can't tell what they did on *their*
   server...).

   Of course if they have a lot of good feedback the optimist's
   analysis above is probably correct.  But that's why I never
   bid on any auction that calls to an outside file for its
   inventory--photographic *or* text--if the seller has only a
   handful of feedback.

   all best,

   Lindsay