 Marketplace / Theory / 1999
1998  |  2000
Subject:
A letter to PayPal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:46:59 GMT

I just sent following letter to PayPal's customer service, enjoy!

I am an international customer from Germany and have a personal PayPal account. I just withdrawed money from my PayPal account to my
bank account and was charged $1.50 by PayPal. Why is that? You clearly state on your web page:

"Will I get charged for making electronic funds transfers from my PayPal account to my checking account?
No. PayPal will not charge you for making transfers from your PayPal account to your checking account."

Why do you act against your own terms of service? Moreover, I was disappointed to find out that PayPal has the worst exchange fee I
ever encountered in my life (6%). You do not state anywhere on your web page the exchange rates you are applying to transfers from
US$ to Euros. In my humble opinion this is bad business, and close to fraud. I will soon close my PayPal account, I just wanted to
make sure that you know why I am going to stop using PayPal.

Yours sincerely