 Marketplace / Theory / 1793
Re: Great town buildings available as part of Shell Promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 08:18:25 GMT

Very well said.  I have one of those places to think for a very rare set I
found 6 months ago.  I visited the Buena Park Mall and in the basement lvl
they have a small toy store that works on that same basis.  They had a set
someone tore open and stole the battery box and the motor out of.  I was
able to purcahse replacement parts from TLC consumer affairs and only had to
pay 50% the origianl price for this set from that store.  The set was the
Metroline Monorail NIB 80$ plus the 15 or 20 i paid for the 2 parts.  Even
if it had the parts I would have happily paid full price for it.  And if
they hadn't kept the price on it I would have never got my hands on it.  now
if I could just get more track..... ;)

In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Well said, Mike.

Or did you, Chris, expect everyone to always do everything on a favor basis?
In that case, can you do me a favor, I have some consulting work I need
done, can you come by and do it for me at say, 8 an hour, instead of normal
Deloitte and Touche rates? I'll cover your expenses.

The workman is worthy of his wages. Or something like that. It says that in
some book I read the other day. :-)

FUT market.theory

++Lar