 Marketplace / Theory / 1690
Re: 7823, 6280, 6273, all MISB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Did you take these off? I am curious if it is common practice to remove
price stickers. • [snip]
The downside to removeal as I see it is that it may damage the box, etc. I'd
rather let the buyer decide what to do, I guess. I'm interested in what
other people think.

G'day Larry,

I leave them on as well.  If I put my mind to it I could
probably remove many of them without damaging the box, but
it's just too much work.  And I'd rather leave it to the
buyer to decide if they want to risk removing it and
tearing the box.  So I make sure to specifically mention
in my ad if there are stickers on the box.  The worst are
the large "Clearance!" stickers slapped on that I'm not
even going to attempt removing.

Unfortunately sometimes the stores remove their own stickers
when re-pricing and the damage is already done...

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada