 Marketplace / Theory / 169
  Do people contact the sellers for better descriptions?

I recently won a very nice lot of LEGO on Ebay for what turned out to be a very low bid. The item description was obviously incomplete as it started out stating there were 13 sets and then only 6-7 were listed before the description was truncated. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Do people contact the sellers for better descriptions?

Scott Smallbeck (scotts@contactics.com) wrote: : I recently won a very nice lot of LEGO on Ebay for what turned out to be a : very low bid. The item description was obviously incomplete as it started : out stating there were 13 sets and then only (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Do people contact the sellers for better descriptions?

(...) If something strikes me as sloppily done or incomplete I ignore it. My time is worth too much to me to spend it verifying that something that appears to be junk actually is. That probably means I miss out on lucky deals like yours, but I don't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) hand (...) I will put a small amount of effort in if I think there is a chance that the item(s) are of interest, but I have to say that a sloppy dfescription may also be a reflection on the integrity of the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Do people contact the sellers for better descriptions?

(...) I have gotten in the habit of asking clarifying questions. However, even that is far from foolproof. People seem to think "good condition" means "not totally slagged"; even after explicitly questions like "bitten/chewed/ damaged, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)