 Marketplace / Theory / 1588
Re: How would you prefer Mini-figs were sold on the secondary market.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Eric Kingsley writes:
I currently run a Brickbay store and have on several occasions added whole
minifigs to my inventory (Currently Sold Out) but I was wondering how people
would prefer to buy figs.  Would you prefer buying whole figs or would you
prefer to buy Legs, Torso, Head, and Headgear separately?

From a sellers point of view selling whole figs is easier although selling the
componant parts may be more profitable.

I was just wondering what other people thought as I may decide to try breaking
down minifigs in the future but I don't want to if the concensis is that you
prefer whole figs.

Thanks for your opinions,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group

Some times I'd prefer just the parts, sometimes I'd rather have the whole
fig.

For example: I've been trying to get extra Samurai body armor pieces and
helmets.  Rarely do I see it sold seperately from the figure. I don't need the
whole fig because I'm putting the armor onto the Bat-helmed Fright Knight
figure and the helmet onto Ninjas to turn 'em into Ashigari spearmen.

But then again, price the parts too high and I'd just as soon have the whole
figure: I can always use the rest of the fig as spare hands, sleeves, legs,
and head.

Bruce

Bruce