 Marketplace / Theory / 1545
Re: Brickbay automatic shipping fee calculation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:00:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Dan Jezek writes:
Hi,

I've been thinking on how best to design this feature where shipping would be
automatically calculated upon checkout and so far came up with the following
option for sellers.  Sellers could input a combination of the below 4:

A) Base shipping fee
B) % of grand total
C) 5 slots to input if grand total is greater than $X.XX, shipping is $Y.YY
D) If grand total is > $X.XX, shipping is free

Anyway, I'd like to hear some input on this before it is implemented.  Any
thoughts?  Thanks,

It's a good idea, but I'd suggest two more options if I could...

E) 5 slots to input if (# of elements) is greater than X
F) Shipping calculated manually (as is the current setup)

The former of these would be cool, because my shipping costs (to the US) are
based on weight, and the total $$ doesn't necessarily reflect that as well as
the total elements.

The latter, of course, should always remain an option, in case calculations
don't work well enough. :)

$0.02
James