 Marketplace / Theory / 1468
Re: Ebay feedback weirdness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 19:09:48 GMT

   Back in the day, when I found eBay, there were no LEGO sets, or even
parts!   There was computer stuff and other stuff - comics, baseball cards,
books, some toys, not much etc.  There were maybe 100 categories.  There
were maybe 10,000 items per week! (Now there are 2-3,000 LEGO items per
week!)
   Back then you didn't have to register to be a buyer, and you did not need
to register to leave feedback.  I didn't sell back then, so I don't know if
you had to register to sell or not.  Feedback was easy to acquire back then,
and not well regulated.  Before eBay, LEGO was hard to collect.  John

"Will Middelaer" <betamale@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

I just had to try this. Starting at my own record, I was able to get mack • to
May '96 - but got stuck in a loop as two users had given the other their
respective 1st comment.

When I hit something like this I would back up to the second or third • comments
in their files and try again.

It is really strange, though, that some of these people have feedback from
BEFORE they were themselves registered.

I understand the other comment about being able to leave feedback outside • of a
transaction, but I just don't see how someone could get feedback (in the
hundreds) before they were even on ebay, and in some cases left by people • who
were themselves not registered.

Will