 Marketplace / Theory / 1450
1449  |  1451
Subject:
Ebay feedback weirdness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:19:46 GMT

Something very strange is going on with ebay feedback that perhaps someone
else can explain to me.

I came up this silly idea that I would try to find the oldest feedback that I
could on all of ebay.  Following several peoples feedback profiles, I would
click on whoever first left them feedback, then I would do the same for the
next feedback profile, and so on.

Anyway, I drilled my way down to a UserID "bnixon" that had received some
feedback way back in mid-1996!  The really strange part is that the userid's
that left this "feedback" did not become registered ebay users until quite a
period of time after the feedback was left, and in some cases it says that
they were registered.

Any ideas?  Have some UserID's been hijacked?

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewFeedback&userid=bnixon&page=38&items=25

and then for date of registration:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewFeedback&userid=svengali@earthlink.net