 Marketplace / Theory / 1439
  Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

(...) s/he (...) Your point is evident. Bid retractions are not a big problem to me, but I do think ebay should tighten up the system. A while ago I saw a bidder who had 18 logged retractions - too much in my opinion. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

There may have been a good reason - IF these retractions were all at the same time, the person may have suffered some kind of personal tragedy (job loss, illness/injury) that would have prevented him from following through on making payment. OTOH, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)