 Marketplace / Theory / 1435
  Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

(...) That scenario happened to me a couple of times...I received e-mail from a couple Lugnet lurkers who said they wanted the lots but the price was outrageus... One lot dropped from $24 to under $10 and never recovered. (...) I agree with Larry on (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

(...) Why would it be any of their business? You state the terms of the sale up front and you and the bidders are all contractually obligated to stand by them. "Hey, since I bid a stupid amount of money for your twelve 1x2 bricks with smiley (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

(...) Exactly my thoughts! (...) Generally, I don't really think this sould be expected of me as a seller. In cases where some lots have fetched a much better than expected price, I have thrown in more of the same element for prompt payment or (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.theory)