 Marketplace / Theory / 1200
  Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)

(...) Probably should also allow retraction of the actual bid at no penalty if done within, say, 5 minutes or something like that, and if no one else has yet counter-bid with information based on your mis-bid. Probably should also make you go (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)

(...) Although that would be annoying to the first person to bid on a Metroliner or some such (which if I was auctioning off, I would start at $1 on eBay, no reason to pay excess listing fee..., yet a serious first bid should be at least $100). (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)

(...) [snip] Ebay already does this. You type in your bid, then you get a revue screen where you see your bid and then have to confirm your intention. I don't see where yet another page would help the process if you already missed it on the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)

(...) My idea was to make the person type in their bid again if it is some multiple (like 10x) above the current bid, not just click an OK button, though even just putting an EXTRA "are you sure" screen, with a differently arranged button, would (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)

(...) Well, that's what the <BLINK> tag is for. ;-) --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)