 Marketplace / Theory / 1030
Re: Why is this ebay auction going so high? am I missing something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:06:10 GMT

My rule of thumb on undifferentiated bulk Lego is 10 bucks a pound. That
would be 600. So 911 (what it finished at) is not totally out of line.

I did not scan the list of instructions provided so I can't spot any
rare ones in there... but if there are, that would drive the price up.
The expectation of most bidders is that if the instructions are present,
it's likely that most of the set is too. That's the way to bid, anyway.
Bulk lego is always a crapshoot. I got a bulk lot that had most of an
airport shuttle in it (no instructions) for less than 100, once, I
think.

Also the catalog vintage is often an indication of set vintage, and
those are good years (late 80s through early 90s)

Lucky for the bidder I didn't spot this and analyse it in depth before
it ended as I may well have bid it up.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!