 Marketplace / Theory / 1008
Re: do they have a clue ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:38:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Ray Sanders writes:
I was in a K-Mart the other day, I spied several Outback sets and one
Explorien on the shelf. All had beat up boxes and were scanning full
price. I went up to the customer service desk and asked if they would be
willing to discount them a little because of the box condition (I would
have taken them at 20-30% off and been happy). The CS rep said "oh no,
since they are damaged, we can send them back and get full credit". So I
left them on the shelf and K-Mart lost a sale. Instead of getting ~60%
back (if indeed they can return them), they would have gotten 70-80% and
made the sale.

But I still wonder, did this person have a clue ?

Likely not =). I don't think Lego give back full credit.. maybe partial credit
towards new sets.

Speaking of which... could anyone with a vendors license order lego bulk? Or
do you have to setup a special agree ment with the lego distrobution? [sp?]

Regards,

Kurt