 Marketplace / Shopping / 9874
Re: Interesting new way to shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:57:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
I just ran across this:

http://catalogs.google.com/cathp

I love it when Google sneaks little beta functions into their site without
announcing them.

Amazon has had a catalog-searching feature like this since the summer.  I
stumbled across it when trying to find Akro-logic and Infinite Divider cases.
I really like Amazon's implementation: your search string is highlighted on the
scanned catalog page.  Hooray for text recognition software!

One side note: US Plastics has great products for storing Lego bricks, and at
pretty good prices.  They also publically identify with the Rev. Billy Graham.
If you think the Rev. Billy is wonderful, by all means give them your business,
but if you don't like the man, you may want to use a different catalog.