 Marketplace / Shopping / 9705
Re: Questions about the Lego Store in Chicago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:56:11 GMT

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:08:35 GMT, "James Seibert" <james@vci.net>
wrote:

Hi,

I have some questions for Chicago residents about the Lego store in The
Shops at North Bridge.

I'll preface this with the following, I don't live in Chicago and
haven't been to this particular store.  BUT, I believe this store is a
LIC (Lego Imagination Center) I do live near one of those (the
Minnesota one) and from what I have read they tend to be similar.
The following assumes that the Chicago store IS a LIC.

Do they run product specials?

Occasionally, mostly damaged or clearance from what I've seen.

Do you need local coupons for specials?

Never seen a local coupon.

Do they have a wide selection of products?

They tend  to carry a wider selection than most retail outlets AND
have access to some 'Hard to Find' or 'Not Found in Any Store' type
merchandize.  Such as Trains, last visit they had 4661, strait track,
curved track and 3 or 4 of the 'My Own Train' line of cars as well as
the reissued Metroliner.  Some of their stock levels vary upon how
long it's been since the last shipment from overseas or such.  They do
carry Belville and such too.  What they have doesn't seem set in stone
per say except they do seem to reorder/restock the current lines much
faster than the older or 'specialty' lines (say trains, the strait
track is not always in stock).  They actually redid the one I live
near recently and the new layout is less friendly than the old one, it
feels more cramped/crowded.

Do they have out of production items?

Occasionally.

What is the easiest route to get to the store? I am heading up there in Aug
on I-57 North.

Absolutely NO clue :^)

Thanks in advance,

James

Thought you should get some sort of answer anyways.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)