 Marketplace / Shopping / 9494
9493  |  9495
Subject:
You Never Know!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 03:05:53 GMT

I was attending a conference in Orlando this week and stopped by the FAO
Schwarz at Point Orlando, to search for gifts for my daughters. I was not
thinking I would find any great Legos, especially at discount prices at an
FAO Schwarz, and to my amazement there was a lone 3033 mixed in with a dozen
Creator buckets on an end cap.

Well... no price was on the blue bucket, and I thought about having to lug
another item to the airport. I already had 4 days worth of clothes, a
laptop, LCD projector, and 20 pounds of handouts. I shopped in the store for
an hour with the big blue bucket in hand. A salesperson asked me if I wanted
a basket after half an hour but I pointed out that the bucket is as big as
their baskets. Finally I found gifts for the girls, Klutz certified books,
and had the bucket scanned, $26, no great price and had to make the
decision...do I purchase the bucket, keep the contents and pitch the bucket?
Do I check in the bucket at the airport and have it boxed, I had to catch a
red eye back to Richmond, VA Saturday morning. Do I forget about all the
hassles of this purchase and return the bucket? Well.. the third option was
never seriously considered.

Now I am at home and writing about my FOTM, bucket and all. Even though it
was $26, I felt as if I were a successful hunter, bringing home today's
catch. I wonder how many other 3033's are in stores and warehouses?

Well...the more I shop, the more I find overlooked treasures.

You never know!

Bert Waters