 Marketplace / Shopping / 9468
Re: Is there a Lego company store in Enfield, CT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 21:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Parker writes:
I'm heading out to CT to visit family this August.  Is there a Lego company
store anywhere near the Enfield HQ?

Can I use my membership and good-standing in the Lugnet community to arrange
a private tour of the facility for myself and my family? ;-)

Sadly, it seems no :(

I've heard from about 4 different sources who have said there's no stores or
'real' publically accessible areas (their lobby maybe) in Enfield. And no,
they don't do public tours :( [though it has been a long standing goal of
ours to GET a group tour going with NELUG members with some special deal
with TLC].

1 source (a former S@H operator) told me that there *IS* in fact a Lego
store there, but ONLY accessible for Lego employees, and full of 'reject'
Lego part baggies, random pieces, and "damaged" sets. They sell parts &
baggies by the pound, and sets at deep discount-- on the one condition that
you're not allowed to re-sell them while you're still employed by Lego.

And *1* source, after being told by us that there were no public stores or
tour areas in Enfield, assured us quite adamantly that there in fact *WAS* a
public area there selling great sets & the like. We have our doubts.

Suffice to say, I've been put off of going (I live about 2.5 hours away
maybe) on the chance that I'd be in the car for 5 hours to be turned around
and headed home with nothing to show for it other than the assurance that
the 1st 4 sources were correct...

Anyway, I'd love to get a trip together for going down there if we're proven
wrong and there IS something that we can get into... Anyone know better?

DaveE