 Marketplace / Shopping / 9448
9447  |  9449
Subject:
Spider-Man at KB-Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:48:29 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I was recently tempted to buy a few Spider-Man sets at KB when I saw them
but was put off by a $9.99 USD price tag. They had likewise jacked up the
price on the two Final Duel SW sets. My S@H catalogue shows an available
price of $6.99 USD for all three of those sets, which I have to assume is
the actual MSRP.

Does KB normally jack up the prices this way?

The reason I find this weird is that at one point they were the best source
for the chrome knight sets, and at a decent price of $4.99 USD -- which was
probably MSRP.  Shortly after receiving these chrome sets, they had a 20%
sale and I was able to grab many of those sets at a great price.  And Toy
Liquidators, some kind of KB affiliate store, has also been an occasional
sales boon and also where one might locate the odd warehouse find.

So what gives with the prices these days?

-- Hop-Frog