 Marketplace / Shopping / 9333
Re: Next Round of Tuesday Morning Sales (Bit of a Scoop)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Cary Clark writes:

Maybe this belongs in market.theory, but is Tuesday Morning breaking any
kind of law by advertising sale prices at 50% off that are completely
fictional? For instance, I have only ever seen the 2555 Belville set at
Shell stations for about $10. Yet TM claims that they sold once for $24.99.
I know that KB Toys, FAO Schwartz and many others routinely mark up LEGO
well above retail, but not Shell promotional sets, surely.

I know LEGO often provides Suggested Retail Prices that are well above what
normal retail channels sell at, including Shop at Home.  For example,
Mindstorms RIS 1.5 SRP is $237.99.

-Rob.