 Marketplace / Shopping / 9165
9164  |  9166
Subject:
Worst case of gouging I've ever seen. It made me cry.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:25:10 GMT

   Kay-Bee ToyWorks, Plainfield, NJ:

   7201, 7202, 7203, and 7204 are all marked at the *steal* price
   of $16.99 each!  That's only $10 more than list!  I think they only
   have a few dozen of each, so hurry out and buy yours TODAY.

   </scarcasm>

   It was so bad that I had to ask if that wasn't just a price-gun
   error--but it was indeed listed at that price in the computer, and
   the salespeople and management were all quite aware that it was
   an incredible and unreasonable markup (and willing to say so).

   Unbelieveable.  Just when I thought it wouldn't get worse than
   $8 for a $6 Landspeeder, I see $17 for a $7 Final Duel.  Can anyone
   else verify this insanity elsewhere in the diseased Kay-Bee network
   of stores?

   best

   LFB