 Marketplace / Shopping / 8942
    Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go? —Dirk Hoff
   I've been wondering where Target sends their 'misfit toys' -- the clearance items that don't sell. I assume most of it gets bought by us and/or by 'professional' eBay sellers, but maybe that's not the case... I thought Tuesday Morning might be a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) As someone who's come across things months after the end of clearance, I can be pretty certain that they don't go anywhere. In fact, I have almost never seen any LEGO survive the second day of 75% off, and I've been to a *lot* of Targets. So (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go? —Maggie Cambron
   (...) I think they DO sell most of it to us because, unlike some of the other stores, they're not afraid to take big discounts. I've been told (in a Northern California store) that what little doesn't sell is ultimately returned to the manufacturer. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go? —Ray Sanders
   (...) As far as I can tell, Target is not afraid to 'clear the decks'. That attitude is what make their stores look cleaner than any other that I know of (K-Mart could pay attention here). Target (generally speaking) also does not overload the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)