 Marketplace / Shopping / 8776
8775  |  8777
Subject:
Shopping Research!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:32:14 GMT

Hello All,

I've spent the past three consecutive nights sweeping through about 25+
stores and wanted to let everyone know what to expect.  You have to
understand I've been in Boston for the past few years where a sale comes
every eon so I got a little excited now that I am in land(so cal) filled
with walmarts, targets, tru's, and kmarts.

Walmart -
Walmart has been wildly unpredicatable. I've seen everything from no sales
to 90% off.  Out of about 10 stores, only two had sales of 50% or higher.
The rest were no sale or 30% off.  Interestingly enough the higher traffic
walmarts had better deals.

Targets -
God bless target.  7 out of 10 stores were 50% off the rest were %30.  In
terms of product I lot of what has already been mentioned here with an
occasional treasure hiding behind random clearance boxes.  Take some time
and dig!!!

TRU -
By chance I stopped by TRU yesterday because it was next to a target.  TRU
is basically clearing out battered merchandise.  I went to four yesterday
and all had a decent "battered items" section.  There are some Lego deals to
be found there though so it might be worth your time to at least peek.
Also, I've noticed sets coming out of deep freeze at most of the TRU's I've
visited, sometimes going as far back as 5 years.

Kmart -
A bust.  Went to 4, don't even bother.

FOTW's
4561 Railway $30 - TRU, the box looked like the employee's played soccer
with it  but everything was there.

90% Sale - The last walmart I visited on friday.  I just stuck my arm out
onto the shelf and plowed forward avalanching everything in to my kart.  It
was a beautiful moment.  I almost cried.  :)

This weeks shopping lesson:
Take the time to do some footwork. That last store could be the one!

sun