 Marketplace / Shopping / 876
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:16:51 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote in message ...

[ ... snipped ...]

The sets retailed at £8.99 each - Which works out at roughly $14. If you
knock VAT off that I make it about $12. I guess someone in the US would
have to confirm whether that is about what they actually paid.

figured in at some point, but is somewhat offset by us not having to
pay your ridiculous VAT.

[ ... snipped ... ]

To get them to the US they cost £7.65 (about $12.50) plus shipping.
Shipping was a little over £4.00 each on my order so the total cost to buy
them and ship them to the US is about £11.80 ($19.50) each.  I don't know if
their shipping charges were a fixed amount but when I added one more hopper
to my order the shipping went up accordingly.  At $19.50 each these were a
great deal particularly since I figured the odds of ever finding one was
about nil.  FWIW - I bought six.  I originally had planned to trade one or
two (the reason I bumped my order by one unit) but now that I actually have
them I suspect I will keep them.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://mike_walsh.tripod.com