 Marketplace / Shopping / 8755
Re: Next Price Drop at Target, Anyone know?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 01:59:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Reed writes:
Hi All,
  Someone was informed enough to let us in on Wednesday's price drop!  Has
anyone heard when the next slated drop will be?  I know some stores do their
own thing, but it seems that most followed the schedule!  Just wondering....

Generally the major clearances like this see two weeks between clearance
levels.  (Other times during the year it can take three weeks to drop from
one level to the next, and it may take that long even during Jan. if the
sellthrough at 50% is good enough.)

Note that some Targets in lower-traffic areas went to 50% off LAST week.
Those stores might go to 70-75% next week.  The ones that went to 50 this
week should be checked two weeks from now.  In my area most of the stores
are prompt about putting the new prices into the system for Wednesday
morning (regardless of whether the rad tags and signs have been updated),
but one store in particular will sometimes lag and not see the drop until
Thu. or even Sat.

None of this is set in stone-- best to check yourself regularly if you are
able, or at least watch the newsgroups for reports posted be others.

Nothing beats getting familiar with the Targets in your area.

Kevin