 Marketplace / Shopping / 8662
Re: not a tub, but a brown box is just as good.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:51:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser writes:
you guys have been talking about your problems with Target. I did some
research on ine and found that www.smarterkids.com has in their Lego Dacta
collections. A set that is just bulk peices. It doesn't come in a tub, but
it does come in brown box.

Oh, I need to buy some track, any one know where I can go and get it cheaper
then TLC?

One DACTA set has 576 pieces for $23.75 (about 4 cents a piece). The 1200
piece tub at Target and elsewhere retails for $20 (less than 2 cents a
piece). The 576 brown box only contains 2xN bricks, where the 1200 piece tub
contains 1xN and 2xN bricks. If you only want 2xN bricks, the Dacta box
might be a better buy.

Occasionally the LEGO outlet stores will have track on sale, but other than
that, it's difficult to find at less than list in the box. You can usually
find curves on BrickBay for somewhat less, since most train sets come with a
full circle of track. You'll probably also get a good response from
buy-sell-trade if you post a want to buy track, and how much you are willing
to pay.

Cary