 Marketplace / Shopping / 8218
Re: Harry Potter Disappeared???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:58:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert writes:
Harry Potter sets have disappeared from the shelves of the two local
Wal-Marts and one K-Mart in the Paducah area. I purchased a few sets but the
castle, Hagrids Hut, and other were gone then two days later the shelves
were cleared out completely. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed
the same development occuring their local stores. I can only guess they have
sold the entire stock that was delivered to them but I am concerned that
will be all the stock they receive until after Christmas. I just hope my
local stores get resupplied because they always have good after- Christmas
sales.

Yeah I'm not sure what's happening... First I heard that the HP sets were
available at a Toys R Us in mall X.  Then I saw the HP sets at a Toys R Us
in my area, but now they've disappeared, including the display.  Yesterday I
went to mall X and that TRU doesn't have the HP sets either!

Maybe they're not "allowed" to sell the sets yet.

I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada in case anyone's interested.

If Van is like Edmonton, it's not that they've been pulled, it's that
they're *flying* off the shelves.  I found them at a TRU, full line on the
cardboard display.  Later that night (accidently got 2 Diagon Alley and no
House Gryffindor) the display was half-empty, and had obviously been
restocked at least once.  Two days later, they had Sorting Hats and
Forbidden Corridors.  That's it.

Pretty much the same deal with Walmart.

$0.02

James