 Marketplace / Shopping / 8175
Re: 3033 tubs for $15 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
One smaller WalMart I was in today had the 3033 blue tubs marked down to $15. At
a Target, next town over, they were stocked on the shelf for $14.98. Is this the
first signs of the long rumoured disco of the blue tubs ? Or is this simply a
price reduction on TLCs part ? Anyone else seen these prices ?

Ray

Alas... On Oct 4 my Target still had blue 3033 tubs at $20, but today, they
are history.

The price tag is still on the shelf row, but instead of the familiar brick
bonanzas there are 200 blue Creator tubs piled high, with Creator red 4116
and 4115 buckets.

The Creator tubs are not as good value as the 3028 836-piece freestyle had
been when it was side-by-side with 3026/3033, and they can't fill the role
of the 3033. The Creator plain-n-transparent brick assortment seen at
Potomac Mills is not here, overpriced as it was.

And just when I was finally running out of good, plain bricks.

-Erik