 Marketplace / Shopping / 8139
8138  |  8140
Subject:
Skymall LEGO shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:11:04 GMT

This seems like a venture by LEGO to present LEGO for sale to generally
adult buyers...
I noticed two pages of LEGO available via the Skymall magazine on a recent
flight I took on United.  There's pictures straight from the S@H catalog,
but the descriptions are different, and geared towards adult buyers - no
"Hey kids - check this out!" stuff like in a mania magazine, but rather more
like a discrete analysis of who buys which LEGO set they offer, and why.
Features are more curtly quoted (to save space) but also to present the
items to a different audience than I'm used to.  I think I'm impressed.

Skymall stuff is usually executive oriented, like pen and pencil sets, towel
warmers, etc., so the LEGO offerings included Statue of Liberty, Sopwith
Camel, Guarded Inn, and Red Beard Runner.  The item numbers were almost the
same as S@H item numbers, except they had a J suffix attached to them.  For
example, Statue of Liberty was 3450J.  You could order for free with the GTE
headrest phones on the plane too.  I don't think you could just add a J to
any S@H item - just the ones they listed.  Prices were identical to S@H.

Check out
http://www.skymall.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/gotoPage?page=catalog&vid=7305988&sid=65733780%400
for their list of LEGO items.