 Marketplace / Shopping / 8138
8137  |  8139
Subject:
FOTW, or even better??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 01:00:34 GMT

I take back every disparaging remark I've made about LEGO finds at my local
Wal Marts today. On a bored whim I drove to a store in a small town in Ohio
that I don't even know the name of (the same place I found the Gungan Sub
for $9.50... with a small license plate that said "ANNE" stuffed
mysteriously into the box). After causing a small (but easy controlled) LEGO
avalanche I uncovered... 6345! Aerial Acrobats! One of the sets I wanted
dearly back when it was new, but could never seem to afford (hey, I was only
13 or 14 then).

I caused quite a stir when I brought it to the desk. There was no price tag,
it wasn't in the computer. After standing around for 10-15 minutes while
employees argued about a fair price the cashier came back and said...
"$7.97... I know it's low."

Here's the kicker... they actually had TWO sets. But she wouldn't let me
have them both at that price... Besides, I'd have to really cause some
damage to uncover the second one.

benjamin